Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Everquest memories- The Friendly Ranger

I was a halfling rogue, it was 1999 and I had just made level 10 and some friends suggested I go to crush bone. Being a new game and a new player, I knew very little and started my run. I Made it through kithicor forest, cross the common lands and on to the boat in Fremont. The boat stopped on Sisters Island and I thought, huh, an island and got off the boat to explore. As soon as I stepped off the boat I was immediately killed by an inhabitant and back in Misty Thicket naked, no money and no idea how to get my body back.


It took about 10 hours to get my corpse back because none of my friends and my naked self could kill the sister on the dock. A level 30 ranger joined us and killed the mob so I could get my gear back. I've been real life friends with that ranger since, 18 years.



Misty Thicket







RangorP (From Reddit)

No comments:

Post a Comment