Friday, April 28, 2023

I have 3 memories in classic/kunark era that still stick out to me for whatever reason.

On my first character ever I was somehow able to create a character with the same name as an already existing one. One time I changed zones a half elf druid and loaded in as a dark elf shadowknight halfway across the world.

And speaking of petitioning GMs, I had my druid bound next to Hadden's spawn to try and keep fishbone earring on lockdown. One time I died I appeared naked behind this guy who was trying to camp him. I didn't say a word cause I was just hanging out waiting for a res but he decided I was going to KS him and called a GM saying I said all this stuff that I didn't. The GM got a kick out of me just kind of silently trolling him and we talked about silly people for a while. I feel like the poor GM was just really sick of dealing with whiny entitled people.

And then when epic quests were new and everything wasn't a guide on the internet... I was in a raid that killed Inny and he dropped the ranger epic quest item, no one really knew what it was for but it sounded naturish I guess so they decided maybe it was for a druid quest, so druids rolled and I won, and it just sat in my bank. One day I was talking to this ranger and he was talking about needing this one hard to get item for his epic and then he had everything. I was like... wait a second.. is that... and then we were able to multiquest it and he got his epic and I felt really happy that I was able to do that big a thing for someone, just based on a series of coincidences.

No comments:

Post a Comment