Sunday, April 23, 2017

Everquest memories- My adventures with a Kunark forgotten quest. February 2017.

It started with a patch note.

February 15, 2017
_____________________


*** Highlights ***

- Rumors abound that brave adventurers are needed in Kunark! Long-forgotten heroes in Cabilis, Overthere, and Firiona Vie are offering long-forgotten quests.




I was ready. Kunark was an expansion I had missed. Having started during the Luclin era in 2001 I still felt like a new player even 16 years later. I was ready to be one of the first on my server to finish a forgotten quest and finally spiritually shake that nagging feeling. A title was granted on completion of the quest so I could visually remember my accomplishment! Amazing. As soon as the server went up I was ready to start.

The first problem was the lack of information given by the development team. Just saying that forgotten quests were out there with no additional information is tough. The only clue I had to work with was the three zones listed. There was Cabilis, Overthere, and FV. I decided to try my hand at the FV quest.


The Feb 15 post
 



I decided to attempt this quest on my druid and not my original character. The reason was simply an ability called tracking. If I was to compete against others to finish this quest and get a server first title I needed every advantage I could get. I logged in my druid and was ready to tackle the quest. Off I went to FV. I found the quest giver after a lengthy search.

                                           
 



After finding the npc I needed and going through the dialog I was ready to go out and finish the quest. This particular quest was called Adalora's Items. It had me going to multiple locations around Kunark such as Trakanon's Teeth, Emerald Jungle, Howling Stones, and Skyfire Mountains. It was slow going but eventually I felt confident enough that I would indeed finish this quest and claim my server first title.




 Looking for quest mobs in The Emerald Jungle.
                                                  





Eventually I made so much progress the quest was nearly complete. All I needed was an item from the Ruins of Old Paineel. The Thin Strands of Golden Silk. This is where the problem started. The item was not dropping. Upon searching the Everquest official forums, a developer confirmed my worst fear the item was not dropping at all. After nearly completing the quest I was stopped by a technical issue. All around me people were getting their server first titles but not me. The developer in question had said the item would drop the next day. Well the next day came and no item dropped. After asking about the item again the developer said that because it was Presidents' Day weekend the item would not drop until the following Tuesday. I was stunned! But I decided to carry on.




Camping the Ruins February 2017

                                                    


.



After the weekend was over and I had spent multiple hours camping the item I needed to finish the quest, I was exhausted! Eventually, the item dropped and I as able to complete the quest and get my server title. In retrospect, it was the most fun I've had in Everquest in a long time.

I finally feel that I have earned my place in the preluclin world after starting so late.






The Kunark Archeologist title
 
                                                               


Fcseven. (updated 5/10/17)

No comments:

Post a Comment