Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Vet Forum Memories.


I've gotten 2 duped corpses in my time.


One was in Chardok in 2001 when I was like level 57. The server was lagging and cashing all day. We were raiding in Chardok and the server crashed and I must have died. When the servers came back up, there was a pretty heavy rollback and I was back at the Chardok zone in, alive and well. Raids were over so I left. I got a tell from another guild's leader asking for consent to drag and he'd bring my body to the zone in. I was confused because I didn't die. So I go there and there was a body that looks naked. He was the one who realized the body probably had a full boat of gear and stuff on it, so he made me check and no doubt, it was packed with all the fixins a level 57 warrior has. He was all over me to plunder the body and hook him up with some duplicate items; Cobalt Greaves, Amulet of Necropotence, etc... but being the honest Joe that I am, I didn't take anything, I petitioned it and the GM came and took it away. I was rewarded for my honesty though!


Back then, when you made a surname, that was set in stone; no changing it, no removing it. I didn't like my first selection of my surname that I had for 30 levels and I figured this was a good opportunity to get it changed all proper. So I asked the GM to change it up in light of my boy scout deed here and after thinking about it for a while he changed it from Zired to Xired. Happy day.


Pretty much the same exact scenario happened again only this time on my cleric in MPG during OoW. Running through, server crashed, she died, rollback, duped body, petitioned it and again for my boy scoutiness I asked the GM to change her unfortunate and horrible name from Galadriiel to Keylala and he did.


Crime doesn't pay!

Qxx

No comments:

Post a Comment