Monday, March 13, 2023

Memories from the Vet Forums. March 2023

 

            As a young warrior in Blackburrow, I made friends with a kindly high-elf cleric named Windeye. This was back in high school circa 2001(ish); a time of endless raiding, farming, and grinding with a close circle of friends. Windeye and I got to know each other and would group up when we were both on. Eventually we lost touch, but I would think back fondly as I moved on. Later on, in life, after school/marriage/kids I rerolled on the Corinav server (I played on each TLP for classic and Kunark nostalgia then would promptly quit). As I was running around in the Commonlands looking for some orcish foes, I came across a high-elf Cleric by the name of Windeye, This could not have been a coincidence, so I sent a tell and to my surprise it was him after almost 18 years! This was remarkable to the both of us, and we chatted for quite a bit to see how much our lives have changed!   


 Alarya EQ Vet forums-March 23



 Easily my most stand out memory and probably the coolest thing i ever took part of in an MMO was being on for the invasion event thing where GMs controlled mobs.

I will never forget. Someone in the guild said something strange was happening in Dreadlands or Firiona Vie i forget which so we went to check it out. It was this huge NPC army and they attacked us from a really long distance so we ran like crazy to zone. We where all trying to figure out wtf was going on when suddenly the mobs where there with us! They had zoned with us! It was madness.

Who remembers that? What was it for? OoW pre launch?     

Notinterested-EQ Vet forums-March 23

Back in the late aughts.. I was standing on the docks, Butcherblock I think, waiting for a boat and a mild earthquake occurred where I live. Adrenaline rushing through me, I blurted in game /say that an earthquake just happened. There was another person, who I did not know, waiting for the boat, too, who heard me and we had a lovely discussion about it that then went into other game/character stuff. We then adventured with each other for several levels.

   Rijacki-  EQ Vet forums-March 23

            I have 3 memories in classic/kunark era that still stick out to me for whatever reason.

On my first character ever I was somehow able to create a character with the same name as an already existing one. One time I changed zones a half elf druid and loaded in as a dark elf shadowknight halfway across the world.

And speaking of petitioning GMs, I had my druid bound next to Hadden's spawn to try and keep fishbone earring on lockdown. One time I died I appeared naked behind this guy who was trying to camp him. I didn't say a word cause I was just hanging out waiting for a res but he decided I was going to KS him and called a GM saying I said all this stuff that I didn't. The GM got a kick out of me just kind of silently trolling him and we talked about silly people for a while. I feel like the poor GM was just really sick of dealing with whiny entitled people.

And then when epic quests were new and everything wasn't a guide on the internet... I was in a raid that killed Inny and he dropped the ranger epic quest item, no one really knew what it was for but it sounded naturish I guess so they decided maybe it was for a druid quest, so druids rolled and I won, and it just sat in my bank. One day I was talking to this ranger and he was talking about needing this one hard to get item for his epic and then he had everything. I was like... wait a second.. is that... and then we were able to multiquest it and he got his epic and I felt really happy that I was able to do that big a thing for someone, just based on a series of coincidences.


Matik- EQ Vet forums-March 23


     

No comments:

Post a Comment