Monday, March 13, 2023

Memories from the vet forums.March 2023

 

            As a raiding healer, perhaps the time Tide tried Tris Wallow in DPoB the first time and experimented with Echoing Madness for the adds. I was one of the more active healers, so I was at the top of heal aggro on all of the mezzed mobs. One of our Necros had put a DoT on a wurine add. There was a bug at the time, where every viral pulse of Echoing madness would also spread every other debuff on that mob. The necro DoT was spread to every add, did damage, woke them up, I was summoned about 12 times instantly, died and went LD from the game not knowing how to process being summoned in so many places at once.

Another thing in DPoB is when I had aggro on enough orc manservants during a trash clear, they all KB punched me at once and I was punted out of bounds which then lead to a lot of the zone aggroing onto the raid. I'm sure I still have a pic of that somewhere.

As a raid leader, perhaps the time Tide beat King Odeen as second serverwide and Absor was secretly watching us. That event was incredibly buggy on live resetting in all manner of ways. We persisted and eventually beat it, and the guild thought that in order to get the flag from Odeen that you had to hail him like you would in PoP. Every single hail spawned a chest, and as we realised this we told the guild to stop hailing him. Not only that, but the chests could also be aggroed and some where chasing and hitting people to death. I couldn't stop laughing, it was one of the funniest things I had ever seen in game with what must have been 20 chests with most sliding around attacking people. When we killed those chests and opened the others, we had loot from each. Absor said we could keep the loot as a reward for the insanity we went through in live testing that encounter. The gear mostly rotted as most were not upgrades, but some went to a few apps and mains.

As a player in the community? Having a spell line I worked hard on named after me. That meant a lot. Thank you Prathun.

I'm sure I could mention more interesting things but those are a few that come immediately to mind.     


Lluianae-March 2023 

No comments:

Post a Comment