Sunday, June 10, 2018

EQ memories June 2018 (EQ Forums)


-Running through the South Karana in 1999-2000 and finding the aviok camp. Started a group and we all died. Doing the CR to there from Rivervale was rough lol.

-Went into Blightfire for the first time, right after it became available. I just zoomed around, look the place over. No map then, so I wanted to check the layout.

Decided I would just sit my character down by a tree and watch the mobs and other player characters go by.

The tree moved ! I jumped in my chair. It was a Treant sapling. I had accidently turned off monster names and hadn't realized it.

I started sweating and left the zone.


-our first raid in plane of fear , we wiped at zone in( there was no lobby summon corpse at that time ) and we had to run back naked since the armors were all on the 1st corpse we had .... zone in had mobs attacking us while we were zoning back in.....

well it took us 16 hours to get our corpses back with many deaths, we had to ask another guild to help us to get our corpses back


-Finally making it through blackburrow to get to qeynos with my barb shaman. Selling binds to raise money at the entrance (good money then). Still have a screenie somewhere. Second is putting my crappy armor in the bank and running nekid to freeport for spells lol. Lots of tries on that one.

-I don't have any specific moments of doing something, but I still fondly remember all the amazing and nice people I met playing EQ. Occasionally resubbing back to EQ only to realize that nothing has changed. The community is still very friendly.

-First time I had to run from Qeynos to Freeport with my Barbarian Shaman in 2000. Got chased by a Hill Giant in West Karana, got lost in Highpass, then got destroyed by Undead in Kithicor at night.
I wasn't as smart as McDougal - I was wearing the crappy gear I had. CR's were an experience considering I had to run back from Qeynos the first few times.


-As a bored level 50, it was always fun to train the noobie log in Nek. The other fun activity was to train specs to the CT zone(before it was remade) and then train CT. (grin)

-Also camping Trissa Whistlesong in Freeport with my DE Wiz, dodging freeport guards, and making continual trips across OOT doing the Tumpy Tonic Quest for experience. For awhile Tumpy Tonic turn-ins gave a LOT of experience. Spending half the day making them and then trying to do a transfer by dropping them under the docks and logging in another character. One time a half-day's worth of tumpy tonics just vanished and I just about lost my mind. I'm not sure Tumpy Irontoe is still in Kaladim anymore - but I'm pretty sure they got rid of the Tumpy Tonic quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment